In the interest of transparency I want to make it 100% clear how I earn money from this website.
As a human, I believe being transparent is the right thing to do. That’s why I’m creating this disclosure page to let you know that I do make money from this blog.
Every now and again I include products or services in my posts and pages that directly or indirectly provide monetary or other substantial benefits to me or my company.
If you’re reading this blog, then you should know:
- I get direct benefit from every post and page I put on this blog. Whether that is monetary or simple joy of helping others, I’m benefiting from it.
- If you see an external link then it will most likely be an affiliate link and not a normal one. What that means is if you click on that link and purchase a product, then at no-additional cost to you, I will receive an affiliate commission.
- I do write about my own products and websites, so yes that means those projects get additional PR and exposure.
- I run my do consulting, public speaking and music, so it is possible that this blog may help me land new clients.
- I attend and speak at a lot of events. I usually get compensated for the speaking engagement. Occasionally I receive Press benefits to attend larger conferences. This website is helping me by increasing my branding too.
- I make a lot of friends thanks to social media and business travel, and this blog helps me connect with more and more people.
- I do get a lot of freebies that I test and review. Often vendors send me those freebies in exchange for a review. However that doesn’t mean that they get a positive review. If I don’t like the product, then I will slam them. That’s just the way I roll.
It’s important that I emphasize that the words on this blog are mine and are not influenced by any sort of compensation. I only recommend products or services I believe will add value to my readers or on request by friends. If someone asks me to tell them which product to buy, I study it and send them the information through my blog as well, because that helps tonnes of other people also.
If you have any question regarding the above, then please do not hesitate to contact me by using the contact page.
Beginning December 1, 2009, the FTC to provide disclosures whenever there could be hidden interests or unspoken biases related to recommendations.
Per the FTC rules, I need to specify an Amazon link that gets me some cents instead of an Amazon link that gets me 0 cents. If I promote the non-profit or a company I am have a material connection with, to or I advise, that requires another disclaimer. If I offer my consulting in a blog post, there’s another. Disclaimers all over the place.
This would be tedious for me and a continual eye sore for readers—but rules are rules.
To follow the rules as well as preserve your reading experience, please assume that, for every recommendation, link, and product I use, the following all hold true:
The links in the posts on this website are almost always “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I may receive an affiliate commission.
Also, some of the products, services, websites, tools or technologies that I review on this website or recommend them here, are from the companies or bloggers who may return the favor by a free product or a free service or even pay me to for using their product and writing a professional review.
Regardless, I write to recommend only the products and services that I like, enjoy using and feel valuable for my readers.
I’ve created landing pages for getting clients who would like to hire me for consultancy or music. I have also enabled Adsense ad’s on my website in many areas, and there’s also a patreon widget. All of these have been done so that I can pay the costs for maintenance of this website as well as for potential profit making.
Amazon Disclosure: Bookborg.com participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.
“diwalidesigns.com” does not host any of the Video shown on its website. The site doesn’t host any of the content within its own server and it links to the contents uploaded by the popular Online Video hosting sites like Youtube.com, and other popular video hosts. This website links to these websites either directly or by an embed code. We cannot be held liable for content uploaded by members of 3rd parties’ websites.
“Diwalidesigns.com” is not responsible for what other people upload to 3rd party sites. We urge all copyright owners, to recognize that the links contained within this site are located somewhere else on the web. If you have any legal issues please contact appropriate media file owners / hosters. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, images, copyrighted work, logos etc referenced herein belong to their respective owners/companies.